Welcome to Term 2

Welcome back to Term 2. It will be great to see everyone back at school safe and sound after a well-deserved break.

I trust that your holiday break was productive and restful. I am looking forward to the exciting events and learning opportunities planned for your child this term.

Now is an ideal time to revisit discussions made during Parent/Student/Teacher conversations and reflect upon the strengths and areas for improvement.

I would like students to concentrate on learning times tables properly this term. I encourage students to use the ‘Learn Your Times Tables’ link located under Numeracy Links on our Class Blog page to assist with their learning. This is an important skill to have, to be able to advance successfully through the Mathematics curriculum.

Students are still expected to maintain their reading daily and record their reading in their school diary. Premiers Reading Challenge continues this term. Please sign off books on the Premier’s Reading Challenge sheet as students have read them.

I would also like to remind you to check that your child has all the necessary materials/stationary required for their learning as some students borrowed regularly during Term 1. Rulers were an item that many students needed to replace.

I look forward to continue working with you and your child in partnership this term.

Rob Maio

Key Events This Term

Term 2 Begins – 2 May (Tues, Week 1)

Sports Day (SANTOS Stadium) – 4 May (Thurs, Week 1)

Year 3 NAPLAN Assessment – 9 -11 May (Tues, Wed & Thurs, Week 2)

National Reconciliation Week – 27 May – 3 June (Week 5)

School Assembly 26 May & 30 June (Fri, Week 4 & 9)

Radiance Art Exhibition – 8 June (Thurs, Week 6)

Life Education Van (Week 7)